Sunday, November 2, 2008

Inspired

Sometimes customers see something in a catalog or website and want it done a little differently.

This trout canvas is in my oldest son's room.
I got the inspiration from Posh Tots.
This was my own idea. This is another example of a possible trim. This one is a feather boa. Perfect for a little princess.
This one was for my niece.
Inspiration: Giggle.
These three were for a playroom.
Inspiration: Land of Nod
This transportation series was inspired by a set at Pottery Barn Kids a couple of years ago.

2 comments:

Katie said...

These are awesome. Where did you learn how to draw so well and paint and the techniques. Your really good!! I love them. That one with the alphabet must have taken forever. I have seen that in Land of Nod.

Becca said...

Yes, Katie, it did take forever x 3! I will probably never do that again...ever! I'm glad they turned out cute for my cousin's sweet kiddos, but wow. I had no idea what I was getting into! :)

I figured out how to do it by trial and error. I would look at stuff online and in catalogs before I had kids, see the crazy prices, and think, "I could totally do that." Eventually, I figured it out. Some things I still refer people to a local store for, if I feel like I can't really do what they are wanting. I don't mind saying that. I'm self-taught. My favorite things are the letters!